Building the present, creating the future
BAM FM is recruiting a part-time receptionist (25 hrs/week) to join the FM team at Healthy Balanced Generation Fitness Centre in Crawley. Reporting directly to the Leisure Manager, you will play a key role in the day to day running of the leisure business. This role is based on 5 x 5 hour shifts to cover mornings, evenings and alternate weekends, overtime is available for holiday cover etc
• Greeting customers and visitors in a friendly and helpful manner, in person or by phone, monitoring and controlling entry to the centre.
• Delivering a smooth, efficient and professional experience to all guests.
• Ensuring daily tasks are completed and assist with daily reports and statistics.
• Ensuring correct bills and payments are made and oversee daily payment controls.
• Maximizing sales opportunities at all times.
• Establishing and maintaining good relationships with the general public, ensuring that an appropriate ambience is maintained in the facility, making customers feel welcomed and valued.
• Ensuring customer information such as leaflets, timetables, promotional fliers etc. are maintained in sufficient quantities and presentable condition.
• Selling leisure activities pro-actively to customers, both new and existing.
• Attending meetings as and when required.
• Acting as cover relief in other areas of the Leisure Centres operation - where appropriately qualified to do so.
• Complying with general responsibilities as set out in the corporate Health and Safety policy.
• Carrying out all duties whilst adhering to the company's policy on customer care.
• Adhering to the company's policy on equal opportunities at all times.
• Completing such documentation as may be necessary including timesheets, Health and Safety/Accident Reports.
• Ensuring the customer is treated correctly the first time, every time.
• Attending to all customer queries and enquiries in a caring and helpful manner and with commitment to dealing with the issue in a positive way.
• The post holder is expected to carry out, in addition to the already mentioned duties, any other duties reasonably expected with the general level of the post.
Who are we looking for?
• Demonstrable experience of working within a similar role
• Good time management skills and able to commit and work to deadlines
• Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels with customers and internal departments alike
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.