Refrigeration Design / Project Engineer - Leicester £30-40k + Car
Your new company
A medium sized Refrigeration specialist based in Leicester are looking for appoint a design / project engineer to join their organisation. They work with some of the UK's leading supermarket chains, delivering leading edge chilling / cooling solutions for their stores and distribution centres...
Your new role
You will be responsible for taking projects from the initial customer enquiry, design, CAD drafting, producing quotes/estimates, procurement of materials and liaising with the on-site project delivery team (cold-room / electrical) to manage the project to completion on time and within specified budget.
- Site surveys and inspections of existing equipment to establish the works required to deliver the scope provided by the customer or clients agent.
- Design of a refrigeration system to meet the customers specification working with traditional refrigerants, A2Ls and natural refrigerants
- Working knowledge of current legislation and guidelines i.e. EN378 Pressure Equipment Directive and F gas regulations.
- Understanding the requirements of installations and providing designs that meet the client's business needs in cooperation with project teams.
- Equipment selections could include display cases, packs, evaporators, small process plants, cold rooms, AC systems and cash and carry style outlets.
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety in order to provide Risks and Method statements to a main contractor.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC / HND in a relevant subject desirable
- Skilled using AutoCAD
- Experience with design / install of air conditioning / refrigeration projects
- Able to communicate effectively with customers / site staff
- Experience estimating / procuring materials
There is flexibility to take on a Junior candidate where training can be provided in the areas above. Junior candidates must have some design, AutoCAD and refrigeration knowledge.
What you'll get in return
- Salary £30,000 - 40,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
- Company Vehicle
- Bonus Scheme
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For more information please contact Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097