Risk Manager | Up to £375/day | London | 6 month initial contract
Your new company
Hays Property & Surveying are working with a public-sector organisation who are looking to appoint a Risk Manager, working on a World Heritage site in London. The fabric and systems of this historic building are in poor condition therefore there is a large restoration and renewal programme that has been put in place to tackle the renovation.
Your new role
The Risk Manager post is required for the current Programme Delivery Team, pending transfer of the functions being undertaken to the statutory Delivery Authority. The role will develop and manage the Programme Risk Activities for the Programme Delivery team as it embarks on a period of considerable change to substantive state; supporting the business objectives of the multi-billion-pound restoration and renewal programme.
As the Risk Manager, you will report to and support the Head of Risk, in providing Risk & Value Management assurance to the Restoration & Renewal Programme and Project teams.
The work of the Risk team is to:
- Develop and maintain the Risk & Value functionality including Risk Policy, Strategy, Plan and Processes
- Support the Delivery Programme to understand where and how threats and opportunities are managed
- Develop and produce key reports to inform both internal and external stakeholders in risk performance, as well as key risks, issues and assumptions
What you'll need to succeed
- Membership of one or more risk or project management organisation eg. APM, PMI, IRM, CERA etc.
- Risk Management - Vocational or formal training
- Data Analysis skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience building relationships with various stakeholders
What you'll get in return
Working on a high-profile projects for an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of extension with a day rate of up to £375 per day.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.