Architectural Technician required at Nottinghamshire based Property Development company
Your new company
The Company is an established property development company within the heart of Nottingham which is looking to expand its in house architectural team. The architecture department is currently responsible for concept design, brief development, planning processes, technical design, building regulation adherence, construction drawings and quality control during on site delivery.
Your new role
The role is for a technically minded individual who enjoys problem solving and detailing with an Engineering and CAD background. You will be office-based in their city centre work-space, working on design and technical drawings for a number of high-level projects including large scale residential conversions, new build housing estates and some commercial schemes. You will have the opportunity to attend live sites and will be expected to conduct quality control visits to their respective projects weekly. You will report directly to the Architectural Manager and will work alongside the existing Junior design technicians & Senior Engineer, bringing your Technical Engineering knowledge to the team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join a forward-thinking development company. The role will provide candidates with more responsibility, site experience, and autonomy and career progression from the typical architectural assistant / technician roles currently available on the job market.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 2 years working for an architectural practice or related construction/ development firm.
- Engineering background (2 years post qualification experience.
- Architectural related degree. Technical-based degree (Architecture BSC, Architectural Technology or Engineering etc.) will be at an advantage.
- Production of building regulation drawings.
- Production of tender drawings.
- Production of planning drawings.
- Work well under pressure.
- Work well within a team environment but have the ability to work autonomously when needed.
- Be outgoing and motivated.
- Have a willingness to learn, develop and expand their knowledge and experience and skills.
- Good communicator.
- Be effective problem solvers.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Able to use the following programmes.
- Autocad 2013-2020 - Critical software (This is the primary working platform for the office).
- Sketchup Pro.
- Photoshop CC.
- Coordinating design and technical consultants.
- Coordination of design and technical drawings on site with contractors.
- Working on projects which involve the conversion of old buildings into residential.
- Working on new build housing schemes.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary as well as enjoying working within a rapidly expanding and award winning team.
- Development and training opportunities, excellent holidays, a varied workload and a clear path to progress.
- A car allowance is available.
- Further benefits and bonuses are available for the right candidate who can assist the company with its rapid growth plans.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.