Senior Architectural Technologist / Glasgow / £40k + Benefits
Your new company
A multidisciplinary consultancy who work on a variety of very unique sectors including Life Sciences, Defence and Custodial. They are a very successful business, who are really out in front when it comes to BIM. Having worked with this company closely over the last few years, they have a phenomenal attitude towards their staff, and have arguably the best staff retention we have seen on the market.
They are now looking for a Senior Architectural Technologist to join their established Architectural team.
Responsible for generating high quality, accurate and detailed design packages for the Architectural project documentation, working within a multi-disciplinary design team.
Your new role
- To provide appropriate levels of Architectural design to a range of different building types and materials
- Works to own initiative
- To be responsible for discrete packages of work under the supervision of a Senior Architect/Senior Technician
- Excellent team working skills
- Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Be responsible for the production of schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating drawings to internal and/or customer standards.
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
- Provide technical mentoring to junior members of the team
- Able to provide excellent service in line with the company philosophy of Perfect Delivery
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of their own work and the work of junior staff under their supervision, in accordance with company QA procedures
- Where required, take responsibility for the registering and document control of incoming information and outgoing deliverables.
- Where required, take responsibility for maintaining drawing records, such as check and record file copies
- Develop positive relationships with customers through good professional conduct
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations
- Attend in-house courses and seminars
- Keep up to date with design trends/ design techniques (BIM etc.)
- Interact on project standards coordination with customers
- Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Represent Baker Hicks in external project technical meetings if required
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production drawings for technical compliance with design intent
What you'll need to succeed
- HND or foundation degree in architectural technology, construction or the built environment.
- Ideally aiming for a CIAT-accredited honours degree in architectural technology
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications.
- Full UK Driving Licence
What you'll get in return
This a great opportunity to not only join a great business, but to work within a great team, on projects that are hard to find elsewhere on the market, which a salary package hard to find elsewhere on the market.
Sounds great doesn't it!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.