Senior/Associate Project Management Job In Cambridge
Your new company
Our client are an established consultancy with an office with free parking in Cambridge. You will work directly with a medium sized team and coordinate with a much larger national network of experts to bring projects to close within time and budget. This organisation are currently seeking an Senior or Associate level Project Manager to be based in Cambridge. You will be responsible for leading the team whilst delivering projects relating to Universities, Commercial, Residential and Healthcare building projects.
Your new role
As an Senior/Associate you will be given the opportunity to work on multi million-pound projects that make coming to work every day rewarding and exciting. You will run project operations, manage budgets, directly line manage, be client facing and you will ensure that our standards are upheld and improved.
- Lead significant Project Management Commissions, taking overall responsibility for their successful delivery
- Provide oversight / strategic guidance /audit & review, to a portfolio of projects being lead within the cost centre
- Manage the delivery of project management team outputs, in accordance with agreed time-scales and quality standards
- To be specifically responsible for delegated business development/marketing tasks
- Provide effective Line Management to PMs and APMs
- Provide leadership within project management business and provide leadership and mentoring to the team
- Be the primary interface with clients (New and Existing)
- To 'win' clients through strong business development skills
- Management of tender documents, appraisals and negotiations
- Ensure all staff members reporting to you have current and relevant training
- Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by project management teams prior to issue
As a Senior/Associate you will be assessed by the extent to which:
- Commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- General line management responsibilities are effectively discharged and the project management team is led effectively
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross-selling opportunities, are identified and acted upon
What you'll need to succeed
As the Senior/Associate Project Manager it is essential that you meet the following requirements.
- Professional Qualified - ideally Project Management/ Construction/Engineering/Quantity Surveying Degree
- Work experience within a similar consultancy or other relevant business
- Successful experience in several of the following sectors would be an advantage: higher education, student accommodation, school, science, leisure, health, defence, infrastructure and water.
- A successful track record in sourcing and winning new commissions in the East Anglian region at either Associate or director level.
- Experienced in a Client management role - Able to manage the account in terms of projects that are 'live', plus seeking new opportunities.
The following attributes are preferred all though not essential.
- You will have clear experience of projects of at least £5M value
- Previous residential, commercial, education, science or healthcare project experience would be preferred
- Ideally, you will have come from consultancy but happy to consider contractor at a lower lover of seniority
- Chartered Status with the RICS, CIOB, RIBA, ICE or other equivalent institution
- APM affiliation preferred (as secondary accreditation)
- Prince 2 or MSP experience
- Good Understanding of contracts (NEC3, JCT, etc…)
- CSCS card
What you'll get in return
By joining this organisation you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Their teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs to date, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. This global organisation ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. As the Senior/Associate Project Manager you will be offered a competitive salary based on your experience amongst a wide variety of employee benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.