Senior Highway Engineer - ITS - ASAP start, £35 - £50 per hour - Darlington 3 - 6 month initially
Your new company
A leading company working with Highways England is looking for a Senior Engineer specialising in ITS. Based in the Darlington area.You will work out of a busy office with a team of other engineers working with the principal designer to lead the ITS and street lighting designs.
Your new role
- Works with the principal designer to lead ITS and street lighting designs
- Ensures all aspects of the design are communicated between disciplines
- Ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards
- Works to programme to deliver specified designs on time
- Develop, and provide guidance to, less experienced staff
- Prepare and check of assessment, cable calculations, transmission assumptions and compliance with relevant standards
- Check or approve designs, design reports and other technical documents
- Check or approve design calculations
- Liaise with Community partners to ensure solutions are developed suitable for buildability and maintainability
- Provide commercial information to Discipline Manager and Commercial Manager for Work Package pricing
- Drive effective health and safety within the Design Team
- Ensure innovation and best practice is highlighted and adopted where practicable.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an incorporated engineer (IET, IEng, IMechI) ideally experience of working within highways England.
What you'll get in return
A competitive hourly rate £35 - £50 per hour(depending on experience), 40 hours a week flexible working, onsite parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
£35.00 - £50.00 per hour
0191 222 0044