Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construction is recruiting a Senior Estimator to join the team in the Midlands Region.
Working in a collaborative pre-construction team, you will be responsible for delivering the Estimating function on projects commonly be in the range of £10m-100m on a variety of contract types, procurement routes and sectors.
• Production and co-ordination of all bid documentation.
• Analysing tender documents and preparing package list for enquiries, preparing documents and issuing subcontractor and material enquiries
• Pricing traditional trades analytically from first principles including resource bills using materials and suppliers quotations.
• Production and analysis of subcontractor comparisons
• Pricing tender preliminaries
• Co-ordinating all aspects of the tender pricing process, including presentation of tenders to BAM Construction's directors at the tender adjudication meetings
• Completing detailed risk analysis schedules and liaising with the commercial manager of methods of incorporation into bids
• Measurement and production of measured quantities from drawings or BIM models for incorporation in tender enquiries
• Prepare Cost Plans from client's information.
• Provide Cash Flow forecasts
• Attendance at mid/post tender interviews with the Client team on bids under consideration
• Production of handover documentation to Project Surveyors on successful bids
Who are we looking for?
• Good general construction knowledge
• Relevant experience in a similar role
• Ambition - the desire to develop in their career
• A sincere team work ethic
• A considered approach to chairing meetings and a developed interview techniques for discussion with subcontractors
• A detailed understanding of the different elements of tender documents, including reading and reviewing tender strategy and issuing headline risk-analysis document and the tender action plan
• Good working knowledge of SMM7 and NRM2.
• Proficiency in Excel to advanced level
• Ability to work efficiently in order to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of Conquest, not essential but a distinct advantage
• Experience of Working within 3D Models and the measurement and pricing of data
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
BAM Operate a Flexible working Policy.
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.