Senior H&S Consultant Edinburgh
Hays Construction & Property would like to bring you an exciting opportunity to work with a world leading multi-disciplinary construction consultancy.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a desire to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness and will provide a first class service to clients.
- Work with the regional Health & Safety team to develop a market leading offer based in our clients Edinburgh office, becoming the first port of call for H&S matters, including client facing activities and business development
- Provide advice and support on H&S matters to other service disciplines, notably the Project Management and Building Surveying teams.
- Demonstrate a commitment to CDM and other Health & Safety services
- Undertake a wide range of Principal Designer duties on your own initiative
- Conduct regular site health & safety audits using a hand held PDA device
- Learn, understand and apply the principles of quality assurance.
- Keep abreast of relevant legislative changes
- Travel locally and nationally to visit client premises
- Chartered/Professional Qualification in Health and Safety
- NEBOSH qualified (minimum Construction Certificate)
- Member of APS / IOSH
- Experience in fulfilling a Principal Designer / Client CDM Advisor role
- Experience working in a proactive H&S role within a professional services/consultancy environment would be beneficial
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the component parts of CDM2015 and other Health & Safety issues
- Working knowledge of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Strong Communication skills - experience of communicating with people at differing levels effectively through oral and written communication
- Client facing skills - experience of working with clients at a strategic/operational level and managing the relationships effectively
- Strong Planning and Organising skills - able to prioritise workload and deadlines and manage change effectively
- Effective problem resolution skills - solution orientated with the ability to manage problems and complaints assertively
- Team work skills - ability to work with others to achieve team and personal targets or objectives
- The ability to work concurrently on a portfolio of projects, including some large scale frameworks
- Competency in reviewing contractors method statements and risk assessments
- Familiarity with contractual obligations, legal breaches and remedies
- An understanding of the need for and ability to apply accuracy in all your work
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
0141 212 3660