Senior Highways Engineer - Civils - Freelance
Your new company
Working for a leading Civils and Infrastructure contractor with projects not only throughout the UK but also throughout the world.
Your new role
Senior Highway Engineer required to support the engineering design team based in their Peterborough office. Reporting to a Principal Engineer you will be working as part of a small team of Engineers, Assistant Engineers and Technicians. You will play an important role in the delivery of a wide variety of highway schemes from the design of major bypass and link road schemes through to junction improvements, cycleway and traffic calming schemes. This role also offers a challenging and unusual opportunity to work as part of an integrated design and operational (construction) team.
- Oversee and manage highway designs prepared by engineers and technicians.
- Prepare, check and review engineering output including technical reports.
- Provide technical leadership to the teams.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience within highways infrastructure engineering environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and transport schemes.
- Evidence of managing design teams to achieve client time, cost and quality expectations.
- Skills using software such as AutoCAD Civils 3D/Bentley MX Roads and WinDES Microdrainage
- A relevant degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
£23.70 - £29.53 per hour
01223 329 444