Senior / Managing M&E Quantity Surveyor required to deliver major projects in London
A job has arisen within an established consultancy specialising in Cost Management, Commercial Management, and Quantity Surveying covering all financial aspects of engineering and construction projects.
They are looking to recruit a Senior / Managing M&E Quantity Surveyor to join the business in a strategic / operational capacity. Their expertise covers the full lifecycle of projects from inception through to final accounts. They are a specialist consultancy not a generalist.
Their vision is to become recognised as the best engineering cost management practice, not the biggest or most diverse, simply the best, a practice where they enjoy what they do, employ quality likeminded people with the capacity to add value to their clients business who in turn respect their staff and their expertise.
They have many years' experience in these areas and a proven track record of providing a quality value added service. They operate in the following areas of the Construction industry:
- Commercial, Financial and Banking
- Energy and Power
- Industrial, Warehousing and Manufacturing
- Telecommunications and Data Centres
- Transportation and Utilities
- Procurement and procurement advice
- Contractual advice and support
- Measuring and describing construction work
- Undertaking the valuing of variations and change orders
- Preparation of budgets and cost plans
- Cash flow forecasting
- Preparation and agreement of final accounts
- Ability to deal with contractual issues such as extensions of time, loss and / or expense, terms and conditions etc.
- Support / preparation claims in contractual disputes
- Five to seven years relevant experience
- Good all round knowledge of the construction industry
- Construction related qualification or degree in quantity surveying, preferred but not essential
- Professional membership of the RICS, A Cost. E or CIOB preferred but not essential
- You will need to be a confident individual able to communicate well and interact with clients and project personnel
- You should have the desire to become involved with the future development and strategy of the practice
- You will need to be a team player with the ability to work under pressure and have the ability to manage projects unsupervised
- You will on occasions be expected to manage, control and supervise junior members of staff
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We also welcome speculative applications.
For a private and confidential discussion please contact Aadil Cockar on 020 8464 6678 or email your CV
£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + travel + bens
02382 020 101