Building the present, creating the future
BAM Nuttall has been awarded contract for the design and construction of the M54-M6 Link Road scheme (£200m) and we have an immediate requirement for a Senior Planning Engineer to join us. The scheme is part of the Highways England RDP programme of works and investment strategy for improving the major road network. The scheme is currently in the early stages of DCO examination and detail design.
Your key activities will include:
- Develop in collaboration with the wider team a detailed construction P6 programme including, assigned plant labour materials and value resources.
- Monitor, review, record and report progress in the contract programme.
- Maintain and uphold programme robustness.
- Maintain the coded interfaces with the 4D, dashboard reports, time location and time risk presentations of the programme.
- Manage the production and communication of programme information in a variety of forms.
- Establish and maintain internal / external prescribed project controls.
- Coach, mentor and instruct junior members of the planning team.
Who are we looking for?
Your skills and experience should include:
- Experience of a range of projects working for a civil engineering contractor, ideally including earthworks, RC structures, drainage and highway construction.
- Good knowledge of construction methods and how to develop output / production rates.
- Demonstrable commercial and contractual understanding, particularly of the NEC form of contract.
- Proven skills in P6 planning software, with the ability to lead a planning team working in a P6 cloud based enterprise environment.
- Ability to use ChainLink, Tilos, PRA and 3D/4D software will be an advantage.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels in a collaborative environment.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance, private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Your work environment
Initially a substantial part of this role will be conducted working from home, but it is likely that during construction from November 2021, the position will be site based.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.