Building the present, creating the future
BAM Nuttall continue to deliver modern, innovative and sustainable civil engineering solutions across Scotland through established relationships with our progressive clients and partners. Through our commitment to open and collaborative approaches to working we have a secure workload and an exciting pipeline of potential opportunities. To help us deliver these significant infrastructure projects we are looking for a Senior Planning Engineer who would like to advance their career with a forward thinking company.
Your key activities will include:
• Develop tender and project programmes to an appropriate level of detail.
• Resource and cost load programmes.
• Evaluate supply chain programmes and integrate into project programmes.
• Introduce and evaluate risk in programmes.
• Check programme robustness.
• Develop and maintain 4D models using Syncro or time chainage tools to aid communication of the project programme.
• Manage the updating and monitoring of progress within the working programme.
• Support construction teams in the use of short-term look ahead programmes and participate in collaborative planning sessions.
• Establish and maintain internal and external project controls reporting and dashboards.
• Work with BAM commercial teams in the preparation of Earned Value reports.
• Introduce and analyse change in the working programme.
• Preparation of change entitlement programmes.
• Produce and communicate programme information in a variety of forms, using routine and bespoke programme outputs.
• Act as a key member of tender and project teams, informing and influencing decision making.
• Maintain awareness of latest construction methods and techniques.
• Collect and distribute feedback.
• Participate in and contribute to planning forums within the Division
• Coach and mentor others in the use of planning techniques and software, principally P6.
• Participate in the preparation and delivery of planning training.
• Support staff development.
• Undertake planning audits and peer reviews as and when required.
• Comply with business procedures and systems.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Successful previous experience in the role of Senior Planning Engineer, with involvement in substantial civil engineering projects.
• Qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred); additional qualifications in planning are desirable, but not essential.
• Experience of a broad range of civil engineering construction, with proven commercial knowledge and a full understanding of methods and typical production rates.
• Proven ability to lead a planning team working in a P6 enterprise environment, and to produce and manage comprehensive, robust programmes; the ability to use Chainlink, Tilos, PRA and 4D software is also an advantage.
• A detailed knowledge, experience and understanding of planning and programming techniques, with the ability to coach others.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across all disciplines.
• A demonstrable contractual understanding, particularly of the NEC form of contract.
• Knowledge on all matters relating to safety and environmental procedures.
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes car / car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; mentoring and people networks; fair opportunities.