Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM FM is recruiting a Senior Premises Manager, reporting to the DFM/FM, you will be expected to take responsibility for the supervision of the site-based Premises Managers across the Bristol PFI and South West area. As part of this role, you will be required to work flexible hours and complete a variety of tasks related to this role to ensure the continued smooth operation of the FM business.
• Overseeing and undertaking Planned Preventative Maintenance and completion of the appropriate paperwork and reports.
• Overseeing and undertaking reactive and emergency tasks including completion of the associated paperwork.
• Line management responsibility for a team of Premises Managers/ skilled operatives.
• Working in partnership with the Helpdesk to ensure that resources are allocated correctly.
• Being part of a call out rota to provide the client with full out of hours cover.
• Cover Premises Manager's absence.
• Assisting the team when required or as directed from the Facilities Manager.
• Ensuring that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales and works are audited where required.
• Contract auditing, ensuring that Best Practice and quality of service are being achieved for cleaning, catering, grounds and maintenance.
• Management and overall management responsibility of of-site based BAM FM employees including appraisal, training, and discipline.
• Be conversant with all statutory compliance processes and procedures.
• Ensure that all BAM FM policies, procedures and standards are in place and adhered too
• Proactively reduce energy consumption on site.
• Assist the co-ordination of Life Cycle projects and involvement with condition surveys
• Overseeing visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work and Health and Safety.
• Adopting a flexible attitude in relation to assisting on other properties within the BAM FM portfolio.
• Carrying out all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Understanding and completing all work-related documentation accurately and on time.
• Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
• Complying with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Carrying out work in a safe and diligent manner.
• Ensure that detailed records are created for the statutory testing, inspections and record keeping.
• Responsibility for the implementation of Health and Safety, quality, environmental system requirements ensuring compliance with all legislation and BAM FM policy and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience of electrical/mechanical and/or building maintenance, (where applicable).
• An understanding of PFI Service Level Agreements (SLA's), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and ability to interpret management information.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Supervisory management experience
• Experience in employee related issues
• Proactive approach.
• Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults and prioritise tasks
• Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate and timely manner.
• Computer literate and competent in using electronic devices (Knowledge of Concept desirable)
• Full UK Drivers licence
• Excellent customer service skills
• An enhanced DBS check will be required
• Ability to understand and work to the BAM values
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Your work environment
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
An enhanced DBS check will be required.