A leading North West construction business now require a Senior QS with experience in New Build projects.
Your new company
You will be joining one of the leading Construction businesses in the North West, who have a base in the Preston area. They have a large portfolio of projects which cover industrial, mixed use, commercial, education, healthcare, leisure, retail and student accommodation.
They have a proven track record of delivering schemes ranging from £500k to £50m, and employ over 150 staff. They have been established over 40 years and have built their turnover to over £80m.
They pride themselves on working in partnership with their end clients - and that is how they manage to deliver projects successfully, with a model which assists with cost control and design as well as aftercare once a project is handed over.
They work in state of the art open plan offices, which promote collaborative working and the atmosphere when walking around the building is superb.
This is a great opportunity to join not only a successful business, but a brilliant team.
Your new role
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will work within a large team based in the Preston office, however, you will also have the opportunity to visit sites within the North West, and spend time working from site if it suits.
Day to day duties will include:
- Preparation of detailed cost reports for review with the commercial manager
- Appointment of sub-contractors
- Ensuring sound financial performance including profitability, cash flow and managing risks & opportunities
- Undertake all commercial and contractual requirements on the designated projects in accordance with the company procedures and processes
- Preparing and agreeing monthly valuations, variations and forecasting of final accounts
- Assisting with training more junior members of the team
- Liaise with Contracts Managers to review and monitor project costs whilst achieving high standards of quality health & safety.
You will report directly to the Commercial Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will have ideally been commercial lead on significant building projects (Ranging from £8m - £20m) previously, and have experience working within the North West of England.
You must have knowledge of JCT contracts as well as Design & Build, and be able to provide a CV which details your previous experience.
What you'll get in return
As well as a competitive salary, ranging from £50,000 - £55,000 you will also be given a company car or car allowance (scale in line with your salary), 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, a good pension scheme, company laptop & mobile phone as well as some other bespoke offerings such as company creche etc if required!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.