Senior Quantity Surveyor – Portfolio Office & Defence Estate Optimisation
This is an exciting time to join the DIO Navy and DE&S team as a Quantity Surveyor within the DIO Major Programmes & Projects (MPP) team, delivering on multi-million-pound capital construction projects and programmes, critical to Defence Operations for the Army, Air, Navy and UK Strategic Command.
As a Quantity Surveyor in DIO, you will undertake a variety of estimating, reporting, cost modelling, benchmarking, and value for money studies for the delivery of Capital Projects. The MoD estate consists of a vast range of buildings and infrastructure including jetty and berthing projects, marine works, living accommodation and messes, technical facilities, training facilities and more.
As part of our commitment to our staff, we offer a flexi-time scheme allowing any hours worked over 37 per week, to be claimed back as time in lieu, upon manager approval. This includes travelling times to sites other than your permanent duty station.
- Preliminary Business Case support (OBC and PBC)
- Assessment Study Pre-Estimates of consultancy Fees
- Assessment Study Pricing Schedules Preparation for ITT release
- Oversight of appointed contractors' delivering the Cost Management Services
- Assurance of costs for contractor submissions
- Monthly cost reporting via Site, Programme and Portfolio Level Dashboards
- Commercial support to suit Commercial Strategy (Activity Schedules and Pricing Documents)
- Collation of cost data and benchmarking
The MOD offers flexible working, excellent annual leave and maternity allowances and a very competitive pension scheme.
In DBS, we understand the everyday commitments both inside and outside the workplace, so our aim is to provide the flexibility to maintain a good work/life balance.
This post offers the following benefits:
- Free parking
- On site bistro
- Close to public transport routes
- Optional membership of Centurion Welfare Association which offers days out and trips to the theatre at discounted rates
Other benefits for MOD civil servants include:
- 25 days’ paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years' service
- An environment with flexible working options
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: 11.55pm on Tuesday 2 August 2022.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.