Senior Quantity Surveyor – UK Strategic Command
This is an exciting time to join the DIO Navy and DE&S team as a Quantity Surveyor within the DIO Major Programmes & Projects (MPP) team, delivering on multi-million-pound capital construction projects and programmes, critical to Defence Operations for the Army, Air, Navy and UK Strategic Command.
As a Quantity Surveyor in DIO, you will undertake a variety of estimating, reporting, cost modelling, benchmarking, and value for money studies for the delivery of Capital Projects. The MoD estate consists of a vast range of buildings and infrastructure including jetty and berthing projects, marine works, living accommodation and messes, technical facilities, training facilities and more.
As part of our commitment to our staff, we offer a flexi-time scheme allowing any hours worked over 37 per week, to be claimed back as time in lieu, upon manager approval. This includes travelling times to sites other than your permanent duty station.
In your day-to-day role you will find yourself undertaking the following:
Cost Estimating and Monitoring
- Provision of early-stage cost advice and estimates for Capital projects. To include Three Point Estimating Techniques, Cost Benchmark setting, risk analysis and spend profile forecasting
- Provide cost advice and mentorship through a projects' lifecycle of RIBA stages (0-6).
Cost Data and Value for Money Benchmarking
- Working collaboratively with appointed external consultants, Technical Support Providers (TSP), providing assurance on all cost and financial deliverables and validating Business Case evidence.
- Supporting Project Management and Commercial functions with external consultancy appointments by analysing and evaluating fee proposals.
Tender Evaluation and Implementation
- Assist in tender documentation preparation and tender analysis.
- Providing support to the production of Investment Appraisals, Sensitivity Analysis, Public sector Comparators and input to Outline and Full Business Cases as required.
Build and Commission
- Providing assistance to Project Management and Commercial functions with Change Control cost management, for both the TSP commission and Compensation Events.
- Supporting production of regular project cost reports and out turn cost forecasts.
The MOD offers flexible working, excellent annual leave and maternity allowances and a very competitive pension scheme.
In DBS, we understand the everyday commitments both inside and outside the workplace, so our aim is to provide the flexibility to maintain a good work/life balance.
This post offers the following benefits:
- Free parking
- On site bistro
- Close to public transport routes
- Optional membership of Centurion Welfare Association which offers days out and trips to the theatre at discounted rates
Other benefits for MOD civil servants include:
- 25 days’ paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years' service
- An environment with flexible working options
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: 11.55pm on Tuesday 2 August 2022.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.