Looking to grow and develop your contract career with a leading Architects practice that is in the top 5 main AJ100's based in the Central Birmingham area ?
In joining this practice as an Architect, there will be the anticipation for you to grow into a Senior Architect capacity over time, as you naturally progress and start to become more confident across all stages of RIBA and enhance your Revit capabilities.
Project familiarity across large scale, high-rise inner city buildings would be ideal for these guys to see as they have a very diverse portfolio and have worked across some very lucrative schemes across the Midlands over the years and have been operating for the last 18 years.
ROLE WITHIN PRACTICE
- Project runner and design team coordinator generally focusing on a single primary project.
- Client liaison either independently on small commissions or independently / under guidance of project lead on larger projects.
- Represent the practice externally through client, consultant liaison and networking events.
- Mentoring and management of less experienced staff members. Developing project and team leadership role within the practice.
- Developing technical design approach and bringing experience to the realisation of design concepts. Involvement in project development across all work stages.
- Essential post for the development of projects at all levels.
- Dependent upon project sizes, generally concentrating on a single larger project with others in development.
- The primary day to day project running role generally post contract, with responsibility and reporting direct to Associates and Directors.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the design process in accordance with RIBA guidance and good practice.
- Able to work autonomously whilst managing and supervising other office resources whilst responding to project requirements.
- Key second stage development of long-term working relationship with clients with day to day responsibility for client liaison and reporting.
Autonomous working and leading junior team members in design, detailing, model making, graphics, filing, administration and recording of information for projects will also be expected of you as and when required.
- Carrying out/ drawing up measured building surveys.
- Attending and giving presentations and forming part of bid teams where necessary.
- Maintaining records of site visits and telephone conversations. Issuing and receiving drawings and other project information.
- Managing the planning and building control protocols and liaise with the relevant local authority officers.
- Maintenance of relevant progress trackers. Informing Associates or Directors of any events which may require the attention of the company’s PI Insurers.
- Producing letters, reports, presentations and other documentation in Microsoft Word, Publisher and PowerPoint. Answering telephone queries, and redirecting or taking messages where appropriate.
Comprehensive Computer Skills including:
• CAD package as appropriate (Revit/ Autocad/ SketchUp) - Revit being the primary software used across all projects and they do offer in house (3 days a week to get you familiar and in tune with their Revit Nuances).
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe InDesign
• MS Office Software Maintaining effective job filing including QA processes.
Hourly rate on offer is £25+ per hour, and will be dependent on individual ability and experience.
Length: 6 months