Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construction are recruiting a Site Administrator to be based on a project in Sheffield.
The successful candidate will provide professional administrative support to the project team, ensuring the site office set up runs smoothly and efficiently throughout the duration of the contract. Guaranteeing all aspects of project administration in line with company procedures and policies are in place and up to date.
• Ensuring all aspects of the site office is set up efficiently and runs smoothly for the site team for the length of the project
• Be the first point of contact for all queries and enquiries relating to the project always portraying a professional and efficient image
• Monitoring and ordering of site stationery
• Monitoring all IT costs on site and off hiring equipment when required
• Upkeep of project staff absence, calendar recording all holidays, training, sick, volunteering days etc.
• Provide administrative/secretarial support to the senior project team members (arranging meetings/site visits/events)
• Liaise with senior management, client, design team and sub-contractors, as required
• Keeping the project team regularly updated with ongoing, completed and upcoming tasks for the smooth running of the site office
• Provide assistance in the preparation of the Project Management Plan, Site Waste Management Plan and Green Travel Plan
• Compile sub-contractor directory and update when required
• Responsible for internal and external distribution of post
• Assisting in the collation of site information and the compilation of various reports (project reports/health & safety/environmental/CSR figures)
• Collate all information for monthly site progress reports for client meetings
• Ability to take meeting minutes if required
• Type and distribute meeting minutes
• Ensure responsible parties are completing site diaries electronically and daily
• Responsible for updating project team shared calendar
• Help produce newsletters and update complaints / compliment register
• Help with all aspects of document control, including uploading/downloading project drawings, maintaining RFI and CVI registers and maintaining up to date hard copies of all project drawings for the site team
• Maintenance of site filing system. Ensuring all project documents are scanned and uploaded onto Livelink/BIM 360.
• Moving all emails onto Livelink from the project email inbox
• Ensure site office health, safety and environmental procedures are followed and all paperwork is up to date and filed
• Ensure all notice boards are displaying correct health, safety and environmental bulletins and posters
• Log all waste transfer notes onto BAM SMaRT as they arrive
• Obtain waste carrier licence numbers and record in PMP and upload onto BAM SMaRT
• Upload all toolbox talks onto BAM SMaRT
• Collate water, electric and fuel usage at the end of each month, log information into the PMP and upload onto BAM SMaRT
• Upload all timber delivery tickets onto BAM SMaRT
• Assist with organising charity events for the project
• Assist with Social Value and Community work
• Required to undertake new or additional duties in line with the wider aspects of the role as required by the management team
Who are we looking for?
• Professional flexible approach to all aspects of work
• A high degree of energy, enthusiasm and self-motivation
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Ability to work well within a multi-discipline team environment
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in the use of Document Control Systems, IT Systems including Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.'
BAM operates a flexible working policy.
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.