(Flexibility & willingness to travel essential)
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning Site Engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete Site Engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest Site Engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros seek an experienced Site Civil Engineer to join their team – initially working on the construction of onshore works for Dogger Bank Wind Farms in Yorkshire.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to work on a significant scheme that is going to benefit the region for years to come. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining high personal safety and environmental standards. Ensuring all activities are completed safely in compliance with the company’s health and safety & environmental policies and procedures.
- Supervising and managing assistant engineers.
- Determining drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Accurately setting out the works.
- Communicating with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Completing inspection and test plans.
- Supporting the planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing of contract progress throughout the project’s lifespan and ensuring the project’s budgets and programme is met.
- Understanding and preparing 2 week look ahead programmes.
- Providing accurate measurements for materials required.
- Maintaining material reconciliation figures for reporting.
- Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements
- Providing sufficient and accurate information to the site Works Management to ensure timely construction of the works
- Ensuring that material delivery tickets are passed on for cost coding.
- Taking receipt of materials and performing checks.
- Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for review by the Site Agent or Project Manager, for inclusion in the project’s financial CVRs and forecasts to completion
- Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts
- Assisting with the resolution of contractual issues with both clients and suppliers while also maintaining a good relationship.
- Graduate, HND or ONC in in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrable successful previous experience at assistant or site engineer level.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
- Experience of working for a self-delivery Civil Engineering Contractor.
- Knowledge of HSE legislation.
- Experience of managing and mentoring assistant engineers
- Strong computer literacy and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly competent in surveying and setting out techniques using Trimble GPS and Total Stations
- Good commercial awareness with effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrable ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines supported by strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence
- You will work site-based hours and be willing to travel to sites based across Northern England and Scotland.
What you’ll get in return
We offer the opportunity to develop a long-term career within a progressive and successful business, and a very competitive salary and benefits package. You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Benefits package including company pension
- Company Vehicle
All our workplaces are Covid secure.