Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM Nuttall continue to deliver modern, innovative and sustainable civil engineering solutions across the Northern region through established, relationships with our progressive clients and partners. Through our commitment to open and collaborative approaches to working we have a secure workload developed through frameworks within the Yorkshire area (Leeds, York and Calder Valley). To help us deliver these regionally significant projects we are looking for Site Engineers who would like to advance their careers with a forward thinking company.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards.
- Supervision of assistant engineers.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Provide accurate and clear setting out for works.
- Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Arrange formal checking of setting out.
- Complete inspection and test plans.
- Keep accurate daily site diary.
- Preparation of 4 weekly programmes.
- Provide accurate measurements for materials required.
- Maintain material reconciliation figures for reporting.
- Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed on for cost coding.
- Carry out testing / sampling of materials.
- Provide assistance to the measurement department.
- Maintain survey books.
- Take receipt of materials and perform checks.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Qualified to ONC level, a graduate or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful experience at assistant engineer level.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
- Knowledge of government legislation on all matters relating to safety and environment.
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes car / car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; mentoring and people networks; fair opportunities.