Lead Site Engineer for new school site in Rugby
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the technical viability of the project works, (or part of the project works). Participate in the health and safety, quality, environmental and commercial management of the project. Responsibilities
- Maintaining excellent and effective working relationships with the customer and their representatives/advisors;
- Implementing Intereserve Construction's Strategy and Policies for Sustainability, Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental, Training and Development etc. and acting as an exemplar of the Company culture and values;
- Implementing the Companies Business Management System;
- Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems;
- Supporting initiatives to deliver ongoing continuous improvement;
- Line management responsibilities, including the undertaking of annual appraisal and development for junior members of staff;
- Ensuring that the project works comply with the requirements of the contract specification and drawings etc. and maintaining appropriate records etc to confirm such compliance;
- Any other duties relevant to the role.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Appropriate technical knowledge and main contractor construction experience;
- Degree (or similar equivalent) in a relevant construction subject (essential);
- Safety Level 1 course;
- Appropriate CSCS Card;
- Comprehensive experience as a Site Engineer working for a main contractor (essential);
- Experience as a Graduate or Trainee Site Engineer.
- Appropriate technical background;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan and manage time;
- Strong attention to detail.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.