Job Description – Site Manager
Reporting to: Contracts Manager
Location: Site Based
Job Purpose Statement
The purpose of this role is to take accountability for the running and successful handover of the
project to the client in a timely and professional manner and manage and ensure the smooth
running of the site and ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• All Internal departments
• Plant Hire and Suppliers
• Client and his representatives
âª Delivering project in line with Quality, Cost and Programme.
âª Complete projects Incident and Injury free
âª Complete projects without ANY environmental incidents
âª Ensure ALL plant, labour and materials are ordered in a timely manner to meet the contract
âª Representing DUNTON in a professional manner and maintaining the company’s corporate and
âª Communicating issues in a timely manner with Line Management. Reviewing and agreeing key
strategic decisions prior to communication with the customer/client.
âª Drawing up and agreeing detailed Cost and Programme targets at commencement in
conjunction with the Contracts Manager
âª Developing a positive management style to utilise the skills and opportunities that exist, to help
grow the business.
âª Monitoring and reporting back to the Health and Safety Manager and HR Department on the
capabilities of personnel assigned to their projects and possible training requirements.
âª Ensuring that all work is planned and undertaken in line with the Company’s Health and Safety
âª Ensuring that SSMS is run and maintained on site.
âª Ensuring that where DE are main contractor that the project is run in line with the CDM Health
and Safety Plan.
âª To draw up and instigate safe methods of work in liaison with Technical/Compliance utilising:
• Method Statements
• Risk Assessments
• COSHH Assessments
• Environmental Assessments
âª To draw up and instigate control measures for all work in accordance with DE ISO 9001 & 14001
& 18001 accreditation and procedures in liaison with technical/compliance:
• Quality Plan
• Environmental Plan
• Test Record procedures
• Testing Record Reports
• Design Checks
• Document Records (to and from client)
âª Maintain a Day-to-Day relationship with the “Customer”.
âª Ensuring and optimising DUNTON livery opportunities at all sites (Plant Hire equipment,
Perimeter fences, site huts, PPE, etc.).
âª Ensuring all plant is hired and off hired in line with DE procurement procedures.
âª Overseeing the General Foreman to ensure all equipment is cleaned and maintained and that
the weekly maintenance schedule is being kept up to date and reported.
âª Overseeing the General Foreman to ensures all tools and equipment are used in a safe and
conscientious manner (includes daily check for wear and tear and tool replacement as
âª To ensure all Holiday Requests are submitted in writing for all staff, to either the Contracts
Manager or HR Department 4 -6 weeks prior to the holiday for their full approval.
âª Completion and submission of administrative inputs on a timely basis to Head Office, weekly,
monthly and contract completion etc.
• Ensure Cost versus Target Cost Report (weekly)
• Ensure Progress against targeted programme (weekly)
• Plant Maintenance schedules (weekly)
• Ensure completion of Allocation sheets (weekly)
• Site Diaries (weekly)
• Delivery notes (weekly)
• Expense Forms (monthly)
• Overseeing Breathe HR entries for Holiday requests and inputting of Sickness
• Measurement Records (as required by the Commercial Manager to meet the
• SSMS Records (all records to be submitted to office on completion). (Friday packs)
âª Managing DUNTON and Sub-contractor employees.
âª Implementation all site-specific Health & Safety matters, including DE Sub-contractors.
• House-keeping (Safe Site, PPE equipment, etc.)
• Understanding of RIDDOR requirements and submission of relevant data for Company
Accident Book, e.g. written record of accidents to be submitted to Head Office
âª Conducting Toolbox talks as appropriate in conjunction with the General Foreman.
Skills and Aptitude
• Programming projects
• Record Keeping
• Software applications commensurate with the position – Excel/Word/Outlook
• Good communication skills
• Commercial awareness
• Team work
• Flexible attitude
• Full driving licence
• Commercial acumen
• Problem solving skills
• Managing Performance skills
• Budget Management
• At least 5 years’ experience working within the waste industry
• Good level of IT use and Budget Management
• CSCS competency card
• First Aid
• WAMITAB – other equivalent waste qualification.
• Degree in relevant subject, but experience is essential