Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construction is recruiting a Site Manager to be part of the team based on one of our new projects in Borehamwood, valued at over £100m within our South East region. A proven track record in supporting the managing, controlling and support of the engineering, construction and completion of projects on time and on budget. Specific experience of large scale industrial-type buildings, would be particularly advantageous.
Reporting to the Senior Site Manager or Project Manager, the ideal candidate will be expected to demonstrate a clear understanding of the construction management role, management of subcontractors and have a proven track record of exceeding targets and achieving high scores in health and safety, environmental management and Considerate Constructor Scheme.
• Implementing the Project Management Plan, including all site procedures and practices and completing records and documentation.
• Ensuring that appropriate quality records are being produced and monitored to verify that the works are being completed in accordance with the specified requirements
• Ensuring compliance with the health and safety Management Plan and BAM Operating Procedures.
• Ensuring BAM construction environmental procedures are implemented on site.
• Keeping site diaries, including records of subcontractor attendance and progress.
• Managing direct and sub contract labour and the keeping of records and allocation sheets.
• Advising on buildability issues as required.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience in delivering high quality projects
• A broad construction based technical experience.
• A relevant Health & Safety qualification and be competent to carry out site management tasks they are directed to do, ideally SMSTS.
• Confident in the use of IT packages and systems.
• Good communication skills
• HNC/Degree, MCIOB or equivalent or a trade's background.
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.