My client in Bedford is currently in need of a Structural Engineer.
My client is a leading multi-disciplinary practice of architects, engineers, planners and surveyors.
* Exploring scheme design options in the early stages of projects.
* Sketching out ideas
* Developing those designs and ideas with other members of the design team
* Preparing calculations to support detailed designs
* Instructing CAD technicians on the production of drawings
* Where appropriate preparing drawings by hand or in CAD
* Reviewing designs and checking calculations for other members of the team
* Liaising with other professional colleagues - within the firm and externally
* Attending appropriate meetings and site visits
* Monitoring and correctly filing correspondence on their projects to ensure all relevant matters are recorded and actioned.
Required skills & qualifications
* Degree in civil or structural engineering.
* Around 2-3 years' broad design experience, encompassing all main structural materials
* Experience in producing structural calculations
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Desire to understand and learn.
* Experience of using TEDDS calculation package
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, and SketchUp
They support all the engineers to develop their skills towards chartered status.
The successful candidate can expect to be responsible for around 3-5 projects at any one time generally seeing projects through from start to finish. They will report to, and be supported by structures team director.
The salary for this role is very competitive and also offers loads of benefits as well as company pension and holiday package.
Please if you would like to be considered then please respond with an up to date CV.
Please state your salary requirements and interview availability
25000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Annual + GBP25000 - GBP35000/annum pension, holidays. etc