Building the present, creating the future
BAM Nuttall are delivering large scale, low carbon energy infrastructure projects across Scotland and we have an opportunity for a sub agent to join our high performing team. This is a challenging, exciting and rewarding role, delivering large civil engineering projects in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. As a sub agent you will support the agent leading a project team or a section of works, working collaboratively with delivery partners to ensuring the highest standards are achieved in every aspect of project delivery. You should have an interest in the sector and show alignment with BAM core values. We also ask that you have a flexible approach to work location and be genuinely committed to developing your career with us, as we are with you.
Your key activities will include:
- Set a personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures through method statements, risk assessments and briefings.
- Manage, supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and generation of appropriate records.
- Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and supply chain.
- Adopt and promote a cost-conscious attitude through efficient use of company resources.
- Support the agent as required in operating the cost management system, the production of programmes and QF preparation.
- Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Adopt and promote the use of BIM technologies to deliver the requirements of the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Communicate with general foreman to ensure adequate work preparation and resources availability.
- Assist the agent as required to procure necessary materials, sub-contracts and plant in sufficient time.
- Review with the agent regularly the performance, development and training needs of subordinate staff, including underperformance or potential resignations.
- Advise agent of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful experience at section engineer level.
- Thorough working knowledge of Company health safety quality and environment procedures.
- Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge.
- Completion of SMSTS.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.