An interesting position has become available for a Surveyor working with an important client who are global leaders in their field to cover the south of the UK from the Birmingham area southwards.
As Surveyor you will be reporting to the Senior Specialist, Quantity Surveying, this is a permanent role which is home based with frequent travel throughout the UK.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Senior Specialist you will be predominantly base out in the field surveying the client's estate whilst managing a program of both M&E and Building Condition surveys. Ensuring the data is clean and concise to report on to the client.
Role overview & Key Responsibilities:
• Carry out condition surveys on Mechanical & Electrical equipment and Building Fabric in predominantly commercial type properties.
• Maintain accurate records of all site visits including an accurate programme of surveys.
• Capture assets and their attributes and condition on handheld device.
• Provide advice to the client for asset renewal and replacement of building elements and systems.
• Attend project meetings and participate in working groups or departmental meetings as required.
• Be able to quickly and reasonably assess asset condition without intrusive or invasive inspections
• Identify all critical plant equipment for running the site(s).
• Update the Forward Works Co-Ordinator and Senior Surveyor with data to provide accurate and concise reports to the client.
• Ad Hoc duties as may be deemed necessary.
• Leadership - leads by example, motivates others, makes decisions, initiates action and takes responsibility.
• Communication and influencing - establishes communication channels, actively listens, clarifies, gives/seeks feedback, clear and concise, persuasive/negotiates with others
• People Management - fosters team/individual performance. Leads, motivates and empowers others. Deals with issues, coaches and encourages others.
• Organisational skills - plans well in advance, encourages improvement in self and others.
• Results orientation - satisfies internal/external customers.
• Interpersonal skills - builds positive relationships, confident in own ability, approachable to all staff, shows respect and tolerance
• A relevant bachelor's degree in a Mechanical / Electrical or Building subject field.
• Member of a professional body in the field of Mechanical / Electrical / Building.
Experience and skills
• A proven track record of experience undertaking asset building surveys and asset conditioning.
• Ability to accurately record fabric condition.
• M&E expertise on asset maintenance
• Experience of utilising data capture and reporting tools.
• Experience of working in commercial or government asset portfolios including infrastructure.
• Experience in planning programmes of work for Forward works and lifecycle management.
• Understanding of the latest Building Condition techniques.
• Proven track record in working in a team.
• Knowledge of CAFM Systems.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to liaise with people at all levels.
• Good communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
• An eye for detail.
• Experience of mobile working with asset management software.
• Experience in working in a secure environment.
• Knowledge of Kykloud software (training can be given)
For further information or to apply please contact Lisa Darbyshire on (phone number removed) or email
40000.00 - 43750.00 GBP Annual + GBP40000 - GBP43750/annum