Technical Coordinator - Mears New Homes
Our new homes division is growing from strength to strength, and is now looking to recruit an additional Technical Co-ordinator to be part of this dynamic team. Are you a Technically experienced candidate in this sector looking to further your career within the housing and development sector?
Mears New Homes Division operates across the UK, with a Portfolio of impressive projects and exceptional aftercare. This area of Mears Group Plc is growing with an emphasis on New Housing Developments, and Design and Build contracts. This is a business that can offer scope, progression and opportunity.
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be part of a sizeable team and be responsible for managing and liaising with external consultants and statuary bodies. This role will be responsible for design development on land led and traditional designs and build contract opportunities. The role will be based in our Welwyn Garden City office, occasionally working from our office in Milton Keynes.
The role will include:
- Obtaining quotations from consultants and survey companies and providing recommendations for approval.
- Management of external consultants to prepare outline/ reserved matters design for planning applications and submission of information as required.
- Management of consultants to prepare working drawings.
- Management of design development to ensure statutory compliance
- Management of design development to ensure agreed Mears New Homes Bronze, Silver and Gold specifications are incorporated into the design
- Prepare and control preconstruction design programme
- Ensure signoff of drawings in line with agreed process
- Obtain utility quotation and designs.
To be considered for this role you will have a proven career in a technical based role, and have a sound and comprehensive understanding of the construction sector with industry specific training. An understanding of building, construction, legislation, planning and building regulations. The ability to meet tight programme dates with a reactive and resilient approach. Essential to the role is an exceptional level of deadline management, a pro-active approach and the ability to plan and pre-empt what will be needed. This role requires excellent motivational skills coupled with the ability to react well as a team player
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, that's why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistant Programme, to take care of your wellbeing. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
If this job is of interest to you, then we would love to hear from you! Follow the application process to begin your opportunity working for a company that puts their community at heart.
For further information on how we process your personal data, please visit https://www.mearsgroup.co.uk/hub#!Home and view our ‘Staff Privacy Notice’.
£50,000 per annum