If you are a Technical Manager with a strong design background, problem solving track record, and commercial mind-set then this project may be of interest to you on account of the potential exposure across landscaping, new build, redevelopment, complex tower structures, and listed buildings.
My client is a Tier 1 residential developer headquartered in London. They have a reputation for quality delivery and technical excellence within their teams. As an organisation they have a strong commitment to learning & development support and promote from within to senior level positions. On this particular scheme in West London you would report to an experienced Technical Director with support from a Senior Technical Manager and a peer group of 3 other Technical Managers.
As the Technical Manager on this West London scheme you will likely take responsibility for one block in each of the phases. The majority of planning and detailed design is complete meaning your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning adjustments if required;
- Development of technical drawings ensuring buildability with a focus on quality and maintaining the ethos of the project;
- Coordinating design teams with junior team members and external consultants;
- Project managing the delivery stages of the scheme;
- Resolving on-site queries and identifying solutions and value engineering opportunities as appropriate.
As a strong applicant for this position you will:
- Be a technical or design professional within a development environment;
- Possess experience of complex, multi-phase projects (ideally with a residential focus);
- Show a range of construction exposure such as new build, redevelopments, listed buildings, landscaping, basement works, RC frames, etc.;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills to effectively coordinate design teams;
- Have a commercial mind-set and an awareness of the wider implications of design decisions.
Only applicants with the right to work in the UK will be considered for this position.
The offer to the successful candidate will be between £65,000-£75,000 depending on experience.
Benefits include: car allowance, discretionary bonus, PMI, and other flexible benefits.
You will also be joining an organisation committed to promoting top performers based on skills/experience, not solely if a role is available.
£65000 - £75000 per annum
+44 207 269 2503