Senior Civil Engineer invited to join as a Technical Manager and be the main engineering point of contact on several lucrative developments across the region, supporting on other technical aspects as required.
Privately owned residential developer with a national presence, focusing on the luxury end of the market with a real passion for detail, quality of design and construction to the point where no expense is spared to get it right. They have a real pride in their product which filters down to all levels.
Joining as a civil engineer, you will primarily manage the day to day civil engineering design of developments within the region in accordance with current working practices and to ensure that schematic designs best explore cost-effective solutions. Typical activities include:
- Undertake detailed design of mains infrastructure (highways, drainage and earthworks etc.) together with private works design, ensuring a fully value engineered solution is delivered on time against regional budgets
- Procure accurate and clear detail drawings (mainly in AutoCAD) without ambiguity, and check those from external consultants against
- Work independently to ensure all site constraints / strategies and health and safety information are produced on time, correctly in line with regional procurement programmes.
- Manage and coordinate external consultants where necessary.
You will have a received formal education in Civil Engineering and have a minimum of 8years experience working in the construction industry, ideally working within volume residential development. You possess an excellent understanding of design engineering with sound commercial acumen to produce a most cost-effective design solution and seek efficiencies in 3rd party designs. To compliment this, you are familiar with various sections agreements in particular s104, s38, s278 and s106. A can do positive attitude is imperative as they work cohesively as a department and individuals with a curious mind-set will do well as you constantly seek to improve new developments.
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience, including a highly attractive package and various benefits.
- You will be working for a privately owned developer and as such, be able to influence more than just the final number.
£55000 - £70000 per annum + package (bonus, car)
+44 115 934 8685