This job is no longer available
Capita Symonds is the biggest division within the Capita Group and is a top 5 consultancy, specialising in property and infrastructure services for the public and private sector. We operate thorough the UK providing Project Management and Cost Management, Transport Planning, Environmental Consultancy, Design, Engineering and Construction Management.
Our Project Delivery Services Team is a central Infrastructure capability that comprises Commercial Management, Project Management and Controls and Engineering and we are offering an exciting career defining opportunity for a Project Manager join us. Successful applicants will thrive on being part of a team orientated environment contributing fully on both rail and other infrastructure related projects.
Successful candidates will lead the safe delivery of all aspects of the full project cycle, delivering clients quality and value for money, whilst managing teams of developing staff.
The post holder will manage one or more projects, providing a professional, first class, project management service to our clients and will participate in the development of new business and framework contracts.
Successful Sector Experience
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of working on major infrastructure sector projects, having successfully managed the delivery of projects from inception stages through to completion.
Successful applicants will be highly conversant with project management tools and techniques, with a sound experience of having worked with various forms of contract. Because of the nature of our working it is essential that all prospective applicants have a complete understanding of the CDM 2007 Regulations.
Successful candidates will demonstrate their approach to effectively co-ordinating design and construction teams, whilst maintaining the delivery of outstanding results. In doing so they must be ab le to show that they understand and have the ability to lead and motivate teams to deliver on time, to budget and to a high levels of quality, Consistently.
Successful applicants will have a construction related degree or equivalent qualification (e.g.: Project / Construction Management or Civil Engineering) and will have a full chartered / membership status with a recognised body of excellence.
Successful applicants will have a working knowledge of SAP for financial / budget management and control, Microsoft Office and basic programming software packages.
In return Capita Symonds will offer full support for career progression, a busy and dynamic working environment and an attractive remuneration package.
The ideal candidate will relish the opportunity and challenge of being part of a growing team, some of whom are closely assisting in the delivery of some of the most prestigious rail and infrastructure projects in theUK.
All candidates will be selected based on their level of experience (in years) of having delivered the above essential business requirements.
The person must be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and will be asked to present recent evidence of their written work at interview.
Other desirable qualities include:
- CleanUKdriving license
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
Project Managers will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects under their management, from the agreement of a Project Scope to handover and completion of projects defects period. Project Managers will be fully accountable for the approved project budget and delivery of projects, including:
- Ensuring that contractual requirements are delivered.
- Management oft HSQE (Health, Safety, Quality and Environment) aspects of project Performance.
- Meeting schedule, cost and quality requirements set by clients.
- Management of contractor performance on site.
- Management of systems for the maintenance of data and documentation throughout the project
- Direct responsibility for a Project Budget.
- Responsibility for coordinating, motivating, directing and skill development of a team members as well as direct reports
- Understanding of the duties of the CDM Co-ordinator, Designer and Principal Contractor as stated in the CDMC 2007 regulations
Successful candidates will have highly developed skills in communications / interpersonal interaction possessing the ability to lead, communicate and negotiate effectively with fellow staff members, external consultants, contractors and clients.
- Team Working - Co-operating with and respecting colleagues to exceed the sum of individual efforts.
- Customer Service - Creating the best possible experience for Capita clients and their customers.
- Communications - The ability to listen, express and articulate information effectively.
- Performance Management - Delivery of business objectives through effective setting of personal and team goals.
- Results Focussed - Getting the job done in an efficient way through effective time, task and financial management.
- Leadership - Inspiring, supporting and developing others to achieve outstanding levels of performance.
- Commercial Awareness - Contribution to the Business through awareness of Group services, the Business Unit's purpose and its market place; and identification of new opportunities.
This is an opportunity for someone with exceptional skills in Project Management to join our organisation to work on some of theUK's largest and most prestigious infrastructure projects.