Project Quantity Surveyor on £25m Civils project with fast track development to Lead QS
Quantity Surveyor Civils – Scotland
About the Client: The Group we represent is a lean and agile organisation with a family ethos. They recognise the need to be adaptable to customers` needs in a complex world. They respond by investing in a total in-house solution to ensure flexibility, control and above all quality and safety. The clients UK and wider global activities are supported by a structured management approach that performs with seamless efficiency. They operate with integrity and transparency to deliver multi-disciplined projects on time and to the highest standards.
Role (Main Purpose):
To ensure that all commercial and contractual aspects of the relevant projects are properly managed and controlled in an efficient manner to ensure the maximum return for the Group.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- To provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues within the Project(s).
- Preparation of internal Cost/Value Reports on a monthly basis to satisfy the requirements of the Commercial Manager and any other reports which may be required.
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation.
- Preparation of earned value calculations and detailed projected project outturn costs on a monthly basis.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material Procurement Schedules.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Production and rigorous management of Early Warning Notices and associated registers.
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of Compensation Events/variations, extension of time claims, etc.
- To assist in identifying and proactively managing all commercial risks and opportunities and carrying out value engineering exercises.
- To encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness within the site team and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved by rigidly managing records, contractual notifications, change control, etc
- To utilise MAXcel costing system to help improve cost control and financial/commercial reporting and ensure that all relevant staff are fully trained to utilise the system to its full potential.
- To ensure that all Group Procedures are strictly followed by all commercial staff.
- Establish and implement a robust system of site records for all labour, plant, materials, staff, etc as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract Works.
- Establishment a robust system of cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements and ensure that it is strictly followed by all the site team.
- Attend all internal/external financial meetings as and when required.
- Preparation of project final accounts
- To undertake any other work as required of you by the Commercial Manager/Project Manager, etc.