HSEQ Manager for leading Civil Engineering contractor - Top 10 Contractor
Health and Safety role
About the Client: The Group we represent is a lean and agile organisation with a family ethos. They recognise the need to be adaptable to customers` needs in a complex world. They respond by investing in a total in-house solution to ensure flexibility, control and above all quality and safety. The clients UK and wider global activities are supported by a structured management approach that performs with seamless efficiency. They operate with integrity and transparency to deliver multi-disciplined projects on time and to the highest standards.
- Advise and assist all appropriate Managers to discharge their responsibilities for the Health and Safety of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Statutory Regulations and Company practice.
- Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Manager.
- Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
- Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company Accident/Incident Reporting Procedure and analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any recurrences.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan.
- Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Statutory Legislation and Contract Requirements.
- Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
- Participate in the work of safety committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce.
- Assist in the preparation & review of project H&S documents including those of 3rd parties