Interim Mechanical Design Manager
My client, a leading consultancy in the South West are looking to bring in an Interim Mechanical Design Manager for a 6 -12 month contract, outside of IR35, to deliver electrical design support. This leading figure in the South West offers varied clients and projects and a great daily rate to match.
I am working with an award winning provider of business and property services to the public sector market in the South West.
My client makes a real difference to the lives of people living and working in the South West, delivering innovative and practical programmes in areas including job and business creation.
Due to continued growth and development into new sectors my client is looking to increase the interim head count of interim electrical design engineers.
The key responsibilities of the Interim Mechanical Design Manager is:
List Key Duties and accountabilities of the post
- Managing a variety of schemes and projects in such a manner to ensure that an expeditious, efficient and cost effective service is provided to meet the needs and priorities of all clients, keeping the Electrical Project Manager regularly advised as to progress, future requirements and problem areas.
- Preparing reports and dealing with complaints and correspondence from the Public, Elected Members and other bodies, etc.
- Preparing detailed briefs for consultants on proposals within any area of the section's work.
- Designing, specification, preparing contract documents, evaluating tenders, letting contracts and supervising works on site for electrical services engineering using the appropriate components and techniques.
- Carrying out surveys and feasibility studies and preparing reports and estimates.
- The spheres of influence included in this post are as follows:
Heating and Ventilation controls, Smoke Venting Systems, Electrical power distribution, Lighting, Emergency generators, Fire detection and alarm systems, Emergency lighting, Security Systems, Lighting Protection Systems, Public address systems, Lifts, Hoists, Patient handling equipment, Access controls, Data installations and CCTV system.
Essential skills / experience the Interim Mechanical Design Manager will need are:
Ability to demonstrate knowledge of modern practice in Building Services Engineering.
Practical knowledge of building services engineering on construction sites and existing buildings.
Working knowledge of BS 7671 (IEE Regulations), BS5839 (Fire Alarms), BS5266 (Emergency Lighting).
Working knowledge of Building Management Systems (Schneider Electrics) or similar.
Health & Safety knowledge - Construction Skill Certification Scheme (CSCS Card)
In Electrical Building Services engineering design and/or a contracting office.
Skilled in the use of AutoCad.
Proven or demonstrable track record of supervising contractors and of administering contracts, measurements and accounts.
BTEC HNC in Electrical Building Services Engineering /City & Guilds 4467 Higher Professional Diploma In Electrical Building Services (or equivalent).
What is on offer to the candidate is a long term interim assignment, outside of IR35, with a company that promotes flexible working and is able to support non traditional working arrangements / patterns. A daily rate is flexible to experience, but my client will match market rates.