Technical Manager – St. Modwen – Infrastructure & Projects
Closing Date: Not specified
Salary: c. £40,000 - £60,000 Salary + Car allowance + com
Position Type: Permanent
- Provide valued & critical technical input into Land & Infrastructure projects
- Advise on viability, risk & design - driving forward your schemes
About Our Client
St. Modwen has an extraordinary history, with a reputation for looking at things differently and creating opportunities where none existed. It creates places that matter, drawing on its regeneration and development expertise to create new communities, build quality homes for families and create new jobs through the delivery of industrial and logistics space. In the exciting years ahead, St. Modwen will be delivering over 15m sq ft of warehouse space and increase residential output by 25% per annum - alongside its major regeneration projects that create employment, education, leisure, retail and residential opportunities. It will be the market leading provider of industrial and logistics, residential and regeneration schemes in the UK.
St. Modwen is proud of its heritage. Its people, skills and experience are the bedrock of the business and have helped it achieve so much - and it aspires to achieve even more.
The appointment of a new Technical Manager in the Strategical Land & Regeneration business unit is an important role in its new national structure.
In this role, you will play an important part in shaping its future, working together to make a great business even better. St. Modwen is creating a culture that is inspiring and inclusive, one where difference is valued, enabling everyone to perform at their best and realise their potential, building and sustaining a business, brand and reputation of which they can all be proud.
The role of the Technical Manager is an important function within the Infrastructure and Project Management team, adding value to the business through innovative, value enhancing solutions that directly impact on the strategy for land delivery. Operating from bid stage through to commencement of construction works, you will be providing robust technical support on Strategic Land & Regeneration schemes as well as for the Industrial & Logistics and St. Modwen Homes business units. Your responsibilities will be many and varied and include:
The provision of Technical input into bid strategies and acquisitions:
* Be accountable for the technical due diligence on new land acquisition opportunities including environmental matters
* Understand the project's strategic objectives and advise on any risks and opportunities
* Set the land delivery strategy on each asset in collaboration with other business units
* Develop the design strategy, providing technical input into the masterplan
* Oversee the design of viable technical solutions
* Manage the approvals process with technical stakeholders
* Advise on programme, risks, alternative delivery strategies, consents and approvals
* Advise project teams on costs
Supporting the delivery phase of the development regarding technical matters by:
* Providing support to the delivery teams and, if required, alternative strategies during the
* Managing the design team supply chain
* Reviewing and approving the technical sections of transfer documents
* Reviewing and approving all land quality documents
* Advising on risks and opportunities
* Advising the project manager on gaining financial approvals in relation to technical matters
Working collaboratively within the project team to achieve quality outcomes by:
* Creating effective working relationships with customers, third parties, consultants and contractor
* Motivation of project team members and stakeholders
* Ensuring effective communication
The Successful Applicant
It is envisaged you will have the following skills & experiences:
* Extensive experience in delivering technical solutions on complex land projects with a consultant, contractor or client
* Degree qualified in a relevant discipline and either achieved or working towards a relevant professional qualification
* Proven track record in providing technical solutions to unlock complex problems
* Good commercial, legal, technical, management and financial skills
* Good professional network
* Excellent communication skills
* Full valid driving licence
* Able to successfully work within internal and external teams
* Ability to understand and work with external parties developing a win win approach to
successful outcomes for both parties.
What's on Offer
c. £40,000 - £60,000 Salary + Car allowance + competitive Bonus and Benefits
Please note that any 3rd party CV's or direct applications will be forwarded directly to Michael Page
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCQ14043340Z