An urgent requirement has become available for an enthusiastic and Revit savvy Architect to join a large Multidisciplinary in the heart of Birmingham.
You will be accountable for supporting the architectural direction and services with clients across their complex multi-disciplinary projects.
You will have the chance to work and build long term relationships with clients through full life-cycle project delivery as well as work within a truly multi-disciplined environment, interacting and collaborating with a diverse team of professionals.
- Develop appropriate design solutions in close consultation with the Head of Architecture.
- The preparation and co-ordination of project information and its timely issue to the Client, Contractor and/or the Project Team as required.
- Support with job planning including fee against resources, maintaining fortnightly from worksheets, advising the Head of Department of changes in resource requirements.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of concept and detail design information within the constraints quality, time and costs.
- Ensuring that project files are set up and processes comply with our QA procedures.
To co-ordinate the activities of the design team, Quantity Surveyor and feedback to the Head of Department.
- To liaise with the Head of Architecture to facilitate and hold both design and technical reviews.
- Responsible to the Principal Architect for ensuring that designs are compliant with the customer brief (conformance with restrictive covenants relating to site, where applicable), building regulations, planning constraints and regulations, or any other applicable technical guidelines.
- Take a proactive in respect of advice to clients to improve value on all aspects of service delivery.
- To co-ordinate and co-operate with other Teams to improve the overall efficiency of the company.
- Develop and enhance job running skills and abilities for large complex multi-disciplinary projects.
- Undertaking any other duties, within reason, that may be delegated to you by the Head of Architecture on behalf of the company.
- Qualified Part III (Architect)
- Possess suitable level of experience as a Project Architect across a variety of multi-disciplinary projects, preferably within Industrial, Healthcare or Life Science schemes.
- Have an in-depth knowledge base and experience across all RIBA work stages.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise both internal and external teams.
- Possess a solid level of understanding of the financial aspects of delivering a project, against schedule and budgets.
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have thorough knowledge of UK building regulations and construction technology.
- Possess exceptional technical and construction detailing ability.
- Strong level of proficiency using and designing in Autodesk Revit.
- Self-motivated, organized and reliable along with a professional approach and demeanour.
- Display an enthusiastic approach towards others with a ‘teamwork’ focus.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of the role and project environment.
Salary on offer will be circa £45k PA, dependent on individual ability and experience.
Please get in touch with Jack if this position may sound of interest to you. Jack is a consultant at mustard with a specialist regional approach to architectural recruitment. He works with private practices, multidisciplinary consultancies, developers and contractors across the Midlands including numerous AJ100 firms.
mustard are a specialist creative recruitment consultancy with offices in Bristol, London and Hong Kong. Established for over 11 years, they have a market-leading reputation for quality service and delivery across architecture, interior design and the creative industries.
Jack Perks | firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)203 854 1100 | www.mustardjobs.co.uk