Are you a BIM manager looking for your next contract opportunity? An excellent opportunity have popped up in the area. What area will you ask? Well, it is REMOTE.
The award winning AJ100 practice is looking to hire a BIM manager for the next 6 months to help them out on multiple projects.
JOB DESCRIPTION BIM Manager is be responsible for ensuring that the project teams follow Benoy and/or any project specific standards and protocols, and enabling individuals and project teams adopt “Best Practice” workflows, procedures and standards.
- Not only are you RIBA Part III qualified or equivalent, but you also have a deep knowledge of UK BIM Level 2 requirements, and are adept at using a variety of Autodesk products including Revit and Navisworks.
- You are highly proficient in setting up Revit projects, and defining and updating Revit templates for different design stages.
- You are able to quickly resolve technical Revit issues throughout the project life-cycle and assist in sheet setup, drawing extraction and model purging for external collaboration.
- You have experience in configuring and managing projects’ BIM data sets.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high capability for planning and organising.
- You can demonstrate your ability to work under pressure, prioritising and balancing multiple projects simultaneously and influencing colleagues across the group.
- You are able to mentor and guide staff at all levels of the business.
- You are able to communicate and engage with staff at all levels.
- Liaise with IT to drive and communicate changes in procedure and standards to BIM Coordinators and project teams, helping to identify any initial issues that might arise.
- Monitor and maintain good understanding of any region specific government BIM changes, developments or trends.
- Assist the BIM Coordinators and project teams with BIM management and coordination of BIM project data sets/workflows and project set up, identify and deliver the corresponding project specific training requirements.
- Provide one-to-one mentoring on Benoy ‘Best Practice’ workflows to project teams as required.
- Manage and create project BIM data sets.
- Manage and maintain project content and source additional content for project teams.
- Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team.
- Identify BIM deliverables on new projects and draft the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP) for approval.
- Lead and support on the regular auditing of projects, feeding back to the teams.
- Maintain a record of BIM projects, team members using BIM/Revit and the levels of experience/training received within their studio.
- Actively support the delivery of the BIM Manifesto and assist in ensuring a strong and successful BIM adoption across Benoy.
- Manage and coordinate globally the best practice for the issue of BIM documentation, (information model files) and compliance checks, for upload to the Common Data Environment (CDE) BIM 360.
- Advise IT on the hardware and software required for BIM in order to implement and maintain the Benoy BIM strategy.
- Identify and manage the Benoy BIM training requirements, defining best practice and key structure for training strategy for implementation by the Benoy BIM Management Team.
- Liaise and coordinate with BIM Manager APAC.
- Chair regular BIM development group meetings and secure contributions from ‘best in class’ users we have in each of the studios to identify and develop initiatives.
- To monitor and identify updates and improvements to software, industry standards, workflows and processes, applications of new technology and incorporate into our Benoy procedures and processes, subject to budget/expenditure approval.
Get in touch with Tamara for more information. All communication will be received in confidence.
Tamara Manukyan | email@example.com | +44 (0)117 284 0423 | www.mustardjobs.co.uk
Tamara is a contractors/freelancers architecture consultant here at mustard, working with architects, developers and contractors across the UK.
For more jobs in Built Environment, Interior Design, Visualisation, Graphics & Digital or Experiential & Events keep your eyes on www.mustardjobs.co.uk