Permanent , North Yorkshire
£Competitive Salary + Flexible working + benefits
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working with an established, but expanding organisation who have ambitious growth plans to recruit a Building Surveyor on a permanent basis.
You will be joining a Building Surveying team that work within the company's multi-discipline workforce of Architects, Building Surveyors, Highways Engineers, Drainage Engineers, M&E Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Structural Engineers. If you are an energetic, motivated and proactive individual seeking new challenges and want to be part of a successful team in an exciting environment then we would like to hear from you. You will be providing a variety of services including those relating to building pathology, design, project management, building surveys and contract administration. Candidates should be qualified and be equipped with suitable experience to manage an increasing project workload.
Your new role
As a Building Surveyor you will be involved with the following day to day activities:
- Produce plan, section and detail drawings for construction using AutoCAD for refurbishments, extensions, planned maintenance and new build projects.
- Produce, submit and manage planning, building regulation and listed building applications.
- Produce schedules of work and specifications using NBS software and other documentation.
- Coordinate deliverables and work collaboratively with other disciplines including Architects, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Structural Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and CDM Advisors.
- Visit sites to attend meetings, carry out inspections and surveys when required.
- Carry out project design and complete H&S risk assessments to meet current CDM regulation requirements.
- Carry out Building Surveys and write Building Survey reports and Schedules of Condition
- To be competent in the following areas as relevant to the discipline
Construction technology and environmental services
Design and specification
What you'll need to succeed:
- RICS accredited degree in Building Surveying
- Full UK Driving License
- Ideally chartered or working towards your APC
- 2 years + experience working as a Building Surveyor
- AutoCAD proficiency
What you'll get in return:
- Flexible working options
- Competitive salary
- Diverse and challenging work-load
- Continuous and professional development