Salary: Between £40-60k
Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.
This role will be offering full-time and part-time hours
What you’ll be doing
As an engineer within our Capital Deliver Construction Assurance and Asset Integration teams, you’ll ensure contractors are safely delivering Thames Water’s assets on time, to our quality standards, and at cost. You’ll be involved during the design, construction, commissioning, and post-takeover of the project: Ensuring buildability, and efficient and effective delivery whilst safeguarding our site compliance. As part of the delivery team, you’ll have regulatory and statutory expectations and maximize benefits to Thames Water.
You’ll be accountable for overseeing construction activities on your projects from conception to completion monitoring compliance with our asset standards, safety, environmental, and quality standards, and wider regulations.
This role will play an integral part in the London Water and Waste areas of the business
Key role responsibilities include:
- Supporting key design and delivery reviews, identifying risks and issues, and working with stakeholders to resolve them
- Focussed on the construction phase of projects; assessing and reporting project progress, acting to rectify issues, and taking the lead on the escalation process if necessary. Also ensuring all non-conformance is identified and rectified.
- Ensuring all commissioning activities including takeover testing are defined in the commissioning plan and are satisfactorily completed and recorded
- Managing identification and resolution of snags and after Take Over liaising with Operators and contractors to manage the defects and aftercare process’ and performance testing
- Monitoring, agreeing, and approving Take Over tests with the project team
- Ensuring that required project documentation meets our specifications and approving information for taking over
- Working as an active member of one or more project teams with one or more of our contractors
We’re looking for you to:
- Have an HNC or above in an appropriate engineering subject or background in a similar role
- Have a significant Health and safety qualification National Examination Board in Occupations Safety or Institution of Occupational Safety and Health or Construction Certificate or hold a Site Management Safety certificate or be willing to gain one.
- Understand the development of design, construction, and operations within the Thames Water within water and waste above-ground assets
- Be driven, resilient, and tenacious under pressure, with a desire to successfully deliver projects on time, cost, and quality. Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, to interact with our stakeholders and contractors
- Foster a positive Health & Safety culture within the team and contractors, ensuring we assert all environmental and Health & Safety statutory obligations
What’s in it for you?
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with a length of service, and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your well-being.
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding , and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career and flexible working arrangements.
We’re also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water
We deliver life's essential service to our customers, communities and the environment can thrive. This means, when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an Ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and a earn bit of extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can’t consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.