Construction Manager - Olympia London
Want to use your construction expertise to deliver some of the UK's most complex and innovative major projects?
Construction excellence is what we do best, through our ingenuity, expertise and experienced teams of engineering and construction professionals.
Laing O'Rourke's 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
This is a great opportunity to play a key role in our highly experienced project delivery team delivering this £400M project.
What is the role and project?
- Construction management of a section of a mega or major project including direct trades and labour as well as subcontract management.
- The work to create Future Olympia includes the redevelopment of the existing listed exhibition halls - the Grand Hall and the National Hall - and the creation of new offices, a four-screen cinema, a 4,000-seat music venue, a 1,500-seat theatre, two new hotels, new retail outlets and public realm space. All of this will be delivered while allowing the exhibition areas to remain operational and revenue generating.
What do we look for?
- The passion and drive to exceed expectations in all aspects of the role, promoting best practice and shared learning in health, safety, risk, performance, quality and wellbeing.
- Experience of delivering high rise residential schemes for a principal contractor and/or developer, with a fit out bias.
- Experienced in managing the sequence of works and interdisciplinary relationships on major construction projects throughout the project lifecycle, planning, logistics, procurement and mobilisation of packages.
Laing O'Rourke are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it. Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the 'Offer an interview scheme'. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, then please get in touch.