Building the future, creating the present
The Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) is a comprehensive programme of works to update and re-energise one of Britain's oldest railways. The West of Leeds (Transpire Alliance - TA) is responsible for this transformation from Leeds (west) to Manchester Victoria. TA is an Alliance made from Network Rail, Amey (inc. Amey OWR), Arup and BAM. Delivering this ambitious programme requires a diverse workforce, utilising the strengths of multiple organisations, skills and technical specialists.
Based out of Manchester Piccadilly (with satellite offices in Leeds), the Head of Organisational Development will be responsible not only for leading on Organisational Development (OD), which includes change management and learning, but also for supporting the executive team in creating an environment where each person working on TA can achieve their goals. Providing guidance and management for collaboration programmes, office environments and HR advice and support.
The Head of Organisational Development will sit on the Alliance Management Team (AMT) and will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction in organisational development and change management for TA, to build an effective organisation that is able to reach the goals of increasing capacity, supporting faster journeys, putting passengers first and economic growth for the North of England.
The successful candidate will need to be able to hit the ground running; quickly establishing confidence amongst a wide range of stakeholders, and building on the platform of progress and success already achieved. They will be expected to role mode the TA values (challenge, humility, caring, courage, trust) and principles (empowerment, team, innovation, safety, community engagement, honesty) in all their work.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Qualifications and/or relevant experience in strategic human resources management and development, organisational psychology, learning and development and employee engagement interventions.
- Ability to demonstrate up to date knowledge of theory and good practice in key areas: Organisational development particularly around capability building (so, going beyond training), transformational change and developing organisational culture; Learning and Development, particularly management development and talent management. Evidence based approach - accessing professional knowledge in terms of organisational behaviour, individual psychology, group dynamics, management and organisational theory, research methods and statistics, comparative cultural perspectives, functional knowledge of business.
- Good practical knowledge of a wide range of change management and OD methodologies and their application in a project or programme management organisation.
- Track record in delivering successful OD projects and supporting major organisational change on major projects or across organisational boundaries.
- Competence and capability to carry out technical oversight on people related workstreams.
- Strong track record of effectively managing people and resources.
- Alliance working - experience of working on complex multiple stakeholder programmes.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and work in partnership with others to deliver organisational outcomes.
- Experience of identifying, planning and delivering multi-faceted structural change programmes, preferably within a similar size and type of organisation.
- Ability to develop and articulate an innovative yet relevant vision for the management of people change in support of the objectives and ethos of TA.
- Track record in the successful management and delivery of cultural change.
- Outcome focused and commercially astute.
- Ability to use technology to enhance and expedite progress of change.
- Effective planning and project management skills.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.