Excellent opportunity for HSEQ Advisor on a £multi-million major utilities project in the Highlands.
Your new role
Your new role will be as an Operational Safety Advisor to support on a major substation contract. In this key role you will work alongside the Site team, your role will be to add value providing tactical support, information and guidance necessary for the operations team to deliver their service in a safe and compliant manner.
You will be responsible for daily operations such as providing guidance on all health and safety matters, reviewing RAMS and safety documents, maintaining project safety documents including Construction Phase Plan, SHE Risk Register, Emergency Response Plan and Traffic Management Plan, undertaking inspections daily, monitoring the effectiveness of risk measures in place and propose improvements, facilitate and take responsibility for site level health and safety meetings
As part of your role you will also ensure that all safety observations and incidents are reported and recorded on Airsweb. Where required, you will ensure that safety observations and incidents are investigated and provide a report that identifies root causes and preventative actions. You will also be confident to liaise with the client on health and safety matters on a daily basis.
What you'll need to succeed
For this role you are required to have entry-level qualification and membership of a professional institution (IOSH - Grad/Tech/Chartered).
* A minimum qualification of NEBOSH General or Construction certificate.
* Be able to demonstrate previous knowledge and experience of construction industry and CDM.
* Strong understanding of safety management systems, polices and strategies within a construction environment.
* Due to the level of mobility required in this role a full UK driving licence is essential.
* Excellent communicator with a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
* You will have the ability to use a wide range of techniques to influence change at all levels of the organisation & possess a well-structured, systematic approach with the ability to identify and analyse complex technical issues and understand risks in order to implement appropriate solutions.
* An understanding of how their role fits into the requirements of the business and the sometimes-conflicting priorities of the management team
* The ability to work to timescales to ensure objectives are met
* The ability to adapt their ideas and approach to suit changing priorities or solutions.
* A working knowledge of Airsweb and the ability to update entries
* A working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Able to conduct incident and accident investigations using the recognised investigation methodology (e.g. TopSet) and provide advice on preventive actions to address root cause
* Able to undertake audits to current versions of ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
What you'll get in return
You will be on temporary role with a contract expected to last a minimum six months initially. An excellent day rate is on offer, with 5 days work a week. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a major utilities project in the Highlands and to work for a leading main contractor.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on 01463 214282.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.