Your new company
We are currently working on behalf of a Public-Sector client based in Ballymena to recruit an experienced Mechanic / Diesel Fitter to work from their base in Ballymena.
Your new role
You will obtain a full range of duties relating to commercial vehicle and mobile plant repair with the main duties including:
- The service, maintenance and repair of vehicles, plant and equipment;
- Completion of details on jobcard and service checklist as required;
- Recording of parts and materials used from stock as per procedures;
- Keep work area and general workshop area clean and tidy to ensure that Health and Safety standards are adhered to;
- Ensure that tools and equipment are maintained and used or operated in the correct manner in accordance with Health and Safety regulations;
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered you should have served a full apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle Service Repair and have at least 2 years' experience in the last five years in servicing and maintaining a large commercial fleet and mobile plant. Candidates must also possess a full, clean driving license.
What you'll get in return
The role allows for an immediate start with a large, public-sector client on a temporary contract basis for an initial period of 12 months. You will receive a competitive hourly rate, which will be paid via Hays on a weekly basis. In addition to the, hourly rate the role allows for an excellent work-life balance, with the working hours 8.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.