Multi-discipline property and construction consultancy looking for Mechanical Associate
A national design, engineering and project management consultancy are looking to significantly strengthen their Building Services Design and Engineering division in Hampshire.
The Building Services Practice is part of a multi-disciplinary division that is trusted to deliver some of the industry's most challenging and time critical engineering projects including the design of:
- Venues for the London 2012 Olympic Games including legacy transformation
- King Abdul Aziz International Airport
- Bahrain World Trade Centre
- Birmingham New Street Station
- Dubai Metro
- Farringdon Station
- Hull CCTV Surveillance System
- London Heathrow, Gatwick and City airports
- North London Rail Infrastructure
They are currently looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer to join their design & engineering business. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery they are playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, Nuclear, Education and Rail.
Please note : these positions are open to engineers looking to relocate from locations across the UK. This is a great opportunity for Engineer's to work within an internationally renowned consultant, working on large scale multidiscipline projects.
- Experience of working in a UK-based design consultancy
- Experience of working within a contractor environment
- Experience in the design and delivery of medium to large scale projects
- High level of technical skill in Mechanical Building Services
- Experience of dealing with clients, building strong working relationships
- Commercially focused
- Experience of working in a Multi-Discipline environment and good understanding of co-ordination and interfaces with other disciplines
- Capable of accurate work under pressure and able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Able to see wider picture outside own discipline in projects
- Able to understand and express technical concepts in written and verbal language
- Able to innovate new solutions as well as applying existing solutions to problems
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- A confident and articulate communicator, with good verbal and presentation skills
- Project management experience ensuring work is delivered on time and to budget
The Practice support flexible working and equal opportunities as they believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed their customers' expectations.
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction. Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website.