Mechanical Design / Estimator - Nottingham - £35-50k salary - M&E Contractor
Your new company
A building services contractor based in Nottingham are looking to appoint a Mechanical Design / Estimating Engineer to join their team. They work on a range of HVAC install and refurbishment projects in the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
Your new role
You will be required to create tenders for multiple projects at a time. Projects will vary in value and industry sector, typically up to £5million. In order to produce estimates you will interpret project specifications & drawings, produce basic mechanical designs where necessary, perform takeoffs of materials and calculate labour charges. Additionally you will develop value engineering solutions in order to obtain the best price for the company. Client meetings and site visits will be required from time to time.
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 1-2 years as a Mechanical Estimator in the building services industry (HVAC)
- Experience using industry specific design/estimating software (Cypher, Estimation, Hevacomp)
- Must have tendered for a range of projects with values of at least £500k.
- Good knowledge of local suppliers / wholesalers
- Track record of winning projects
What you'll get in return
- £35,000 - 50,000 salary
- 24 days holiday
- Pension Contribution
- Private Healthcare
For more information, please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097