Plumber, H.M.P Bedford, Long term temporary, £13.62 - £15.91 per hour
H.M.P Bedford are seeking to appoint a reliable,trustworthy, full time, experienced maintenance Plumber to join our team.
Your new company
Working with both public and private sector customers, this market leading Facilities Management organisation has around 20,000 employees. This large provider of Public Services manages vital infrastructure and business services and is committed to transforming the delivery of customer experience, service quality and cost for its customers.
Your new role
An exciting temporary contract opportunity has arisen working within the prison sector at H.M.P Bedford. We are seeking to appoint a reliable and trustworthy full time experienced maintenance Plumber to join our hardworking and friendly team. The job involves:
- Maintain mechanical heating/ventilation plant.
- Repair and maintain showers, baths, w/h basins, toilets.
- General plumbing repairs - sinks / taps.
- Clearing blocked toilets, sink wastes and drains.
- Quarterly shower head cleaning.
- Monthly water temperature readings.
- Maintain water feature.
- Maintain suitable and sufficient spare parts.
- Clearing out roof gutters.
- To undertake and assist with other maintenance as required by the Estates Manager.
- To undertake a planned programme of maintenance as directed by the Estates Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be required to carry out a full NOMS DBS clearance which will be fully funded by the prison.
- Act at all times in a timely and professional manner .
- An awareness the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the duties which it places on an employee.
- The successful applicant will be NVQ qualified or equivalent with a valid CSCS card.
- IOSH working safely.
- Manual tool handling.
- Ladder use.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
£13.62 - £15.91 per hour