Are you an experienced Quantity surveyor looking for a change? Would you like to work in the civil engineering sector for a large subcontractor on really interesting projects across the London area then read on.
Our client is a specialist contractor working on a range of projects from the smallest solutions for clients up to some of the biggest infrastructure schemes occurring in the UK today. They are looking to add to their commercial team and you would be overseeing projects across the London area.
They are looking for the right person and not a specific level of hire. They have an existing commercial structure and could comfortably take anyone from a 'QS with a few years experience' level right up to a Senior QS who's "been there, done it and got the T-shirt". This is about finding somebody with the right cultural fit, who is looking to be in a company where they can see the direct impacts of the work they do and see how they help push the company forward and receives the rewards for their efforts.
They are a company experiencing a prolonged period of growth and offer employees an excellent package including both travel and bonus. They are also looking to invest in those they recruit and if you have the drive and potential to grow with them they most definitely have the future opportunities for promotion and development for the right candidates!
· Overseeing numerous projects and reporting back to Head of Commercial.
· General day to day QS responsibilities & managing costs.
· Completing CVR reports.
· Carrying out cost to complete forecasts & cash flow forecasts.
· Reviewing & assessing subcontractor's applications/invoices.
· Reviewing daywork sheets & able to pick up on and price variations from first principles.
· Working with and reviewing look ahead and monthly programmes.
· Procurement for projects.
The ideal candidate will;
· Be able to display previous experience in a similar role working within civil engineering.
· Must be willing to travel to sites and into offices across the London region.
· Ideally have civils or large groundwork's knowledge.
· Good contract knowledge of Predominantly NEC & JCT forms of contract.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in then do send a copy of your CV asap.
If this sounds like somebody you know then email me at and enquire about our generous referral scheme.