Quantity Surveyor £35,000 - London - High End Residential
Our client is a London Prime Residential Construction company covering high-end residential projects from up to £500k - £10M. They have a strong pipeline of work and are expanding their business and have a need in their commercial team for an Assistant QS. Working with colleagues and supported by a Senior QS. You will:
- Assisting with accurate build cost assessments of projects; maintain budget control throughout project; and manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
- Accurate costing and preparation of budgets.
- Analysing and reporting on costs and cash flow vs budget
- Assisting with Preparation of tenders and procurement of sub-contractors, goods and materials
- Evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions.
- Using a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures.
- Management of Sub-Contract accounts through to completion including valuations, payments, variations, forecast final accounts and contractual correspondence. Submission of interim applications for payment on time.
- Produce monthly cost reports on time, in conjunction with Project Managers - ensure that the true position is reported at all times.
- Attend regular meetings with Key stakeholders client to ensure account agreement is progressed.
You will have:
A degree in Quantity surveying or equivalent with at least 2 years relevant practical project experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.