New opportunity for a Senior Contracts Manager based in Central Suffolk.
Your new company
I am pleased to announce that I am currently working with an award-winning local construction company who are currently recruiting for a Senior Contracts Manager to join their team, following an exciting period of growth.
This organisation is a local contractor based in the heart of Suffolk, who undertakes a variety of projects within the commercial, residential, educational, social housing and heritage sectors, including new builds, renovations and extensions. This organisation prides itself on providing high-quality services throughout East Anglia, by focusing on attention to details and customer care to produce various one-off bespoke projects.
This organisation places a great importance on its employees, and is hot on providing constant training in order to help its employees to learn and grow, and develop their careers.
Your new role
My client is looking to recruit a Senior Contracts Manager with a general commercial main contracting background to join their growing team.
You will be required to:
- Attend pre-contract meetings as required internally, externally with Architects, Consultants and Clients.
- Maintain records on all aspects, review, feedback in conjunction with Quantity Surveyors and Production Management and or Directors.
- Plan and programme resources for carrying out the works giving due regard to Health and Safety, all requirements of the Contract and best practice.
- Liaise with Clients, Consultants and Local Authorities to ensure compliance with all aspects of law, current regulations and the Company's tender.
- Procure material and services to carry out the works in accordance with specification and programme.
- Programme and progress pre and post tender requirements of Design and Build projects at all key stages.
- Realise the duty of others or arrange for all necessary permissions and statutory requirements to be in place if it is the responsibility of the Company to do so.
- Monitor and record progress of the works on site, ensuring that quality and good workmanship standards are met.
- Correspond with the build parties ensuring all instructions are recorded, information required is logged and monitored and that appropriate records are retained for the Company's future reference.
- Ensure buildability is realised and appropriate construction detailing is realised in the delivery of task.
- Take overall responsibility for contracts placed under your control.
- Resource all aspect of projects, material take-off, schedule materials and labours, obtain competitive quotations for the purchase of materials and services in accordance with contract requirements. Receive, check and compare those returned quotations, negotiate and place orders.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and monitor their deliveries are to schedule and comply to all parties' requirements.
- Ensure all projects are finished to programme, budget and specification, always attempting to minimise defective workmanship and call backs.
- Maintain suitable working conditions and at all times motivate those people under supervision in ensuring high morale.
- Ensure the workforce is suitably dressed, vehicles properly presented and that all personnel have, for their use, PPE.
- Liaise with Production Management, Managing Director on current and future workload situation and the availability of Company asset and resource.
- Liaise with Managing Director on project's progress and items that may arise detrimental to the project.
- Ensure that where applicable, compliance of Company or Client best practice initiatives are realised, recorded and where required developed for retention at completion of the works.
- Develop opportunities with viable parties i.e. partnership terms and agreements as they arise.
- Mentor, take training, realise annual CPD, evolve your awareness to all aspects of the technical, contractual needs of the role.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Senior Contracts Manager with a commercial main contracting background, working on projects around the value of £300,000 to £3 million.
The ideal candidate will also have a degree in construction management (or equivalent experience), and will have good attention to detail, as well as a focus on quality.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, ranging between £50,000 and £55,00 which will be open to negotiation based on experience. In addition, you will receive a competitive package, including company car or car allowance, pension and the opportunity to earn bonuses for good performance. As well as this, you will receive the opportunity to work for an award-winning organisation who will invest in your career and your future.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.