NEW Facade Designer Opportunity in Glasgow
Your new company
Is a national Subcontractor who specialise in the design, supply and installation of complete building envelopes. In recent weeks they have been successful appointed to design and deliver the facade package on two major projects right here in Glasgow.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and company Directors, you are going to be an integral member of this business. Outwith the design skills and experience, they are looking for a individual who is capable of, and wanting to take on more responsibility in their role. In this business you will have the opportunity to deal directly with all the other subcontractors, parties within the supply chain, and even the client themselves.
You will have the opportunity to grow your expertise and become a key member of the business. As part of this role you will receive the required technical support from existing members of the team in order to establish and or improve processes within the business.
The role will include carrying out the following tasks:
- Preparation of drawings, technical reports and performance specifications
- Façade related sustainability assessments
- Supervising the day-to-day building physics tasks within the team
- Setting up and carrying out dynamic thermal modelling, parametric and optimisation studies
- Presenting the work to Architects and Clients
- Expanding our offering in the building physics and sustainability areas at the early stages of design (concept and stage 2)
- Being introduced to Business Development in this sector - seeking new commercial opportunities
What you'll need to succeed
- Have at least 5 years experience in the profession
- Excellent people skills, be confident at influencing people (colleagues, clients, design team members and contractors)
- Building envelope experience is key. (Hygrothermal and solar performance would be beneficial also)
- Parametric environmental design assessments with a focus on façade design
- Sustainability aspects of design, including embodied carbon and life cycle of materials
What you'll get in return
This is a great time to join this firm, and I really hope the above demonstrates that. With the workload they have secured recently, this also offer great job security, which is one of the most important factors for candidates at the moment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.